April 16th – 25th 2010
I am getting pretty pumped for the Telus Ski and Snowboard Festival which is fast on the heels of the departing Olympic crowd. This is going to be my fourth winter season in Whistler and this time round I aim to catch-all of the action. This event is an epic mix of art, music and sport and trust me, you don’t want to miss a thing! On the top of my list are;
- Filmmaker Showdown – these are the hot tickets in town and I will be picking them up early. 8 finalists battle it out for the top spot, they have 3-5 minutes of digital film and the only rule is that they have to film within a 100km radius of Whistler – Tuesday April 20th 8pm at the Whistler Conference Centre $17 link
- Olympus Pro Photographer Showdown – 6 action photographer finalists stimulate our visual senses with nine minutes of amazing slide shows. Still framing the action shots that really take us to the moment – April 22nd 8pm WCC $20 link
- State of Art – during the whole event pop into the Whistler Conference Centre for FREE and have a look at what’s going on in the local art world. I will be looking out for Dave Petko’s work and all the fresh new talent that BC is pumping out!
- Wrap up warm for the Outdoor Concert Series, ongoing throughout the event 2.30pm-5pm at the Skier’s Plaza. Heads up, Arrested Development play on the 25th! – link
- Sporting events – Big Air starts on the 18th and crescendos on the 20th. Superpipe skiers throw it down, finals are on April 21st in the arvo’ on Blackcomb. Meanwhile the snowboarders tear it up in the Grenade Games 21st – 24th April, various events – link
- Follow Me Movie Premier – For a taste of things to come this a new mountain bike movie from the crew who brought you the Collective, Roam and Seasons. get pumped up for the summer with this feel good biking movie that pushes the limits – April 18th 8pm $12 WCC – link
- THE END – still to be announced is the big party line-up that finishes the festival off with a bang. April 24th 10pm onwards, WCC $35.
NB: There are a lot of demo’s available so if you want to check out the latest gear this is the time to do it!
It looks like there are a few schedules still to be finalised but I’d keep an eye on them so you don’t miss out – link to schedule!