I write on a variety of subjects, ranging from adventure racing, to adaptive sports, local business stories, food & wine, spa experiences, winter and summer sports, weddings and book reviews. I have interviewed photographers, writers, jewelery makers, Tai Chi instructors, chefs and Olympic Gold Medalists.
I have written for the Vancouver Sun, The Province, Pique Newsmagazine, Whistler Question, Whistler The Magazine, and Vancouver Magazine, as well as reporting for Shaw TV.
Get in touch if you have a story you think I’d enjoy covering: deeraffo(at)gmail(dot)com
- Mastering Copywriting– an 8-week Media Bistro course completed May 2010
- BA English Language and Linguistics – Sheffield University 2003
- Writing feature articles, reviews, blogs, press releases, and television scripts
- Content editing and proof reading
- HTML formatting, website copy and social media development
- Organizing and managing events
Freelance Writer – please check the clippings tab for publications and links to recent work
Freelance Reporter – The Express, Shaw TV – Presenter – Whistler, BC
Project Coordinator – Cultivate Books – December 2009 – Seattle, WA
Memberships, Awards and Qualifications
- The Vicious Circle, Whistler Writers and Whistler Reads
- Ambassador for Girl Rising
- The 2008 LUNA Event Management Award
- Media Relations Volunteer for the 2010 Olympic Torch Relay
- A WAG (Whistler Animals Galore) shelter volunteer
- Level One Coaching Qualification in Rugby Union
- Avalanche Skills Training Level 1
Snowboarding, adventure racing, biking and hiking. Books, food, wine, and travel.
2 thoughts on “Dee Raffo – Who?”
This really answered my downside, thank you!
inspiring Dee – makes me want to start writing again 🙂